Eligiblity REQuirements

for Hurricane Ian

Learn How Rebuild Florida Can Help You


The program focuses on serving households that meet the following criteria:


You owned and occupied your property at the time of Hurricane Ian, and you still own the property.


Your household is income-qualified.

“Income-qualified” means that your household income meets HUD’s low-and-moderate income requirements. For details contact the program at 800-915-6803

Households earning more than the income limits are not prohibited from applying as noted above and will be served after households that are more vulnerable and at-risk have been prioritized.

View a PDF of HUD’s income-limit information for households with 1-8 members 


Your home still has documented and unrepaired damage from Hurricane Ian.

Check out the required documents below or go to the application.

Before you Apply

Gather the following required documents:

Download checklist of documents needed to apply
Valid Photo I.D. and Proof of Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident Status for Applicant
  • You’ll need a valid Photo I.D. and Proof of Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident Status for Applicant
Income Documentation for All Adult Household Members (18+)
  • Most recent tax returns (IRS 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ) signed and submitted, OR
  • Documentation of Income
Proof of All Insurance Covering the Damaged Property
  • Homeowner’s Insurance Policy Number
  • Flood Insurance Policy Number
Proof of Ownership
  • You’ll need to provide proof of ownership
Proof of Primary Residence

Additional Required Documents (if applicable)

Households with children under the age of 18 must submit:
  • Birth certificate, U.S. Passport or State-issued ID for at least one child
If a household member is disabled, provide 1 of the following:
  • Social Security Disability Statement
  • Letter from doctor stating applicant qualifies as disabled
  • Verification of Disability Form
  • Disability exemption on homesteaded property
Applicant’s Power of Attorney documentation
  • Applicant’s Power of Attorney documentation necessary in certain situations
Proof of Damage and Benefit Information:

(Provide all that apply)

  • Insurance claim information
  • FEMA award letter
  • SBA award letter
  • Certification of damage
Certifications and Authorizations
  • Consent and Release of Personal Information Form
  • Fraud Acknowledgement Regarding False or Misleading Statements Certification
  • Right of Entry (ROE) Permit Form

Helpful additional information